Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What Classroom Faculty at Ball State University Say about Library Instruction Services … Dr. Pete J. Ellery

Dr. Pete J. Ellery, Fisher Institute for Wellness and Gerontology, shares his perspective about the value and importance of library instruction sessions at the Ball State University Libraries.

I continue to use the Libraries’ services for two main reasons. First, the opportunity to work one-on-one with a librarian that has an in-depth knowledge of the information sources needed in research is invaluable. Students and faculty need this kind of support when conducting research, and this is especially important for students who are novices in research. The second reason is that I find that it is not only the students who learn new things; I do, too! I am always amazed at how many new information sources in my profession, or library technology resources are available each time I take a group to the library, and I find this process keeps me current as well.


This is an excerpt from an article, which first appeared in The Library Insider 5(3): 4; March 2007.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home